Want to know what Bagel Bites look like when they grow up? Well, they look delicious, and they’re the perfect nutritious way to get your pizza fix in under 5 minutes!
Zucchini is awesome not only because it has high amounts of ﬁber that help prevent carcinogenic toxins from settling in the colon, but it also has vitamins C and A and folate. These act as powerful antioxidants that ﬁght oxidative stress, which can lead to many different types of cancer.
Pizza bites that fight cancer? Sounds like something we can get on board with.
- 6 slices large zucchini 1/4” thick (or 1 medium zucchini cut on diagnal)
- Spray olive oil
- 2 tbsp homemade pizza sauce or salsa
- 1/4 cup part skim mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
- Cut zucchini about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spray both side lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil or grill for about 2 minute on each side.
- Top with sauce and cheese and broil for an additional minute or two. (Careful not to burn cheese).
- Add additional topping as desired!
Servings: 1 • Serving Size: 6 pieces • Calories: 124.8 • Fat: 5.7 g • Protein: 8.2 g • Carb: 10.4 g • Fiber: 3.0 g
Recipe courtesy of: www.skinnytaste.com