Stay healthy on the go with these awesome nutrient-packed veggie wraps! These wraps are not only quick and easy to make but they are also vegan friendly and D E L I C I O U S ! The avocado gives your body a protein boost, protects against aging, helps to keep your heart healthy, and prevents cancers. Paired with antioxidant-rich tomatoes and mineral-filled tabouli, these wraps are the perfect addition to a healthy lifestyle!
- 3 whole wheat tortillas or flatbreads
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 small tomato
- 3/4 cup red cabbage
- 1.5 cups spring salad mix
- 1/2 cup tabouli
- salt & pepper
- Heat the tortillas, one at a time on one side or until you see that the tortilla starts getting crispier.
- Remove the avocado skin and cut into slices. Slice the tomato into thin slices. Use 3-4 slices of each per tortilla.
- Lay the tortilla or flatbread on a plate. Spread the hummus evenly.
- Toss about 1/2 cup of the spring mix on each tortilla, ¼ cup of cabbage, 1/2 cup tabouli, the avocado and tomato pieces.
- Season the top layer with some salt and pepper.
Recipe and photos courtesy of: http://healthyhappyandwhole.wordpress.com/