The Check One, Two Campus Tour posts up on college campuses coast to coast to provide peer-to-peer communication and education on how to reduce your breast cancer risk. Students receive “coaching” on methods of early detection and have an opportunity to experience what a “lump feels like” through the use of life-like jelly breast molds. Students also can test their “Breast & Health Knowledge” and win prizes with a Q&A game session designed to help identify fact from fiction, dispel common myths, and prompt a conversation about health practices conducive to a young person’s daily life. B4BC partners with campus organizations to deliver a unique outreach experience that not only reinforces healthful information, but also ensures student resources are in place year-round once the B4BC team heads home. If you are a student or organization that would like to bring B4BC to your campus, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our goal is to educate young women & men about the importance of early detection and the value of a healthy, active and sustainable lifestyle in the fight against beast cancer, through an engaging multi-faceted outreach experience.
We’d love for you to GET ON BOARD!
- B4BC sets up an outreach booth in high traffic areas on campus (mid-day)
- Students receive engaging, one-on-one communication
- Breast self-exam instruction
- Educational interactive activities
- Distribution of health literature + collateral
- Photos + giveaways
- We encourage/ welcome the Campus Health Center, Recreation, Sports, Sustainability, Outdoor & Wellness Departments to take part in the activities as well!
- Or if you have a pre-existing breast cancer awareness event or health fair, we’d love to join forces. (Previously our booth was a part of the Pac-12 Fit Fest, UCI Health Fair, and CSULA’s “Think Pink” event.)
Given the success and positive feedback from our previous tours, we’d love for you to jump on board this year to help us further our campus outreach by equipping your students with the tools they need to approach their health from a better informed position!
For more info please contact:
Event and Outreach Manager / Boarding For Breast Cancer (B4BC)