Sweet potatoes are sweet. And easy. And a “Super Food.” So why not stuff them with other delicious things and call it a day?
Sweet potatoes are rich in antioxidants, minerals, fiber and vitamins like beta carotene and Vitamin A which are great for your immune system, skin, vision, bones, and fighting cancer.
- 2 medium red skinned sweet potatoes, about 8 to 10 oz each and scrubbed clean
- 56g/ 2oz sheep’s milk feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 28g/ 2 oz black oil-cured olives, pitted and chopped
- 25g/ 1 oz oil packed sundried tomatoes; thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (1 handful) chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried or 2 teaspoons fresh oregano; chopped
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Pierce each sweet potato several times with the tines of a fork. Place them directly on middle oven rack with a piece of foil on the rack below.
- Bake until the sweet potatoes are easily pierced with a knife and cooked through, about 45-60 minutes depending on size. Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, make the topping. Mix together remaining ingredients in a small bowl and set aside until the sweet potatoes are done.
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise down the center to expose cooked insides, top with feta mixture and serve.
Recipe courtesy of: www.gourmandeinthekitchen.com