- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- Dash sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or Earth Balance (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 heaping tablespoon pomegranate arils
- Pour the almond or coconut milk and water, along with the salt, into a small pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add the quinoa flakes, and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring constantly, till the liquid is absorbed (1-2 minutes).
- Stir in the maple syrup and coconut oil or Earth Balance.
- Transfer the hot quinoa cereal to a serving bowl and top with the shredded coconut and pomegranate arils. Serve.
The recipe, as listed, makes 1 serving, but it can be easily doubled or quadrupled.
Photo and recipe courtesy of: www.choosingraw.com