Our friends at Goofy Foot Foods have come up with another super easy, super delicious recipe for us at B4BC! They take 5 minutes to make and they’re no-bake, which means you can whip them up and take them out on the hill as a power food for a day of snowboarding!
These antioxidant rich power bites are not only pretty, but contain quite a punch when it comes to nutrition.
Pistachios contain cancer fighting and heart healthy phytochemicals, as well as fiber, giving these beautiful little nuts a thumbs up as a power food.
We’ve also added a superfood boost with the addition of freeze dried maqui powder. Maqui berries grow wild in parts of Southern Chile and are extremely high in antioxidants with anti-inflammatory compounds. Often consumed to increase strength and stamina, maqui powder is the perfect superfood addition to our Pistachio Power Bites.
- 1 cups raw pistachio nuts
- 2 teaspoons maqui powder
- 6 pitted Medjool dates
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Form into balls or cookie shapes, no more than about 1 Tablespoon per bite.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.