This week’s Tasty Tuesday recipe comes from our friends at Goofy Foot Foods, which feature recipes that focus on vegetarian, vegan, raw and gluten-free dishes. This antioxidant-rich, 5 minute Maqui Berry Smoothie is no exception, as it contains quite a punch when it comes to nutrition!
One of the most vibrant of the superfoods, maqui berry contains the highest Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) value ever found in fruits. This amazing berry boasts an antioxidant potency greater than acai, pomegranate, or blueberries. The maqui powder can be added to any smoothie, as it has a very mild taste.
- 2 cups almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon maqui berry powder
- 2-3 frozen bananas
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 cups coconut water ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more bananas for a creamier consistency.