Baby, it’s C O L D outside! AKA get us some comfort food asap. This organic, vegan, creamy Heirloom Tomato soup recipe from our friends at Goofy Foot Foods is delicious and packed full of superfoods.
Tomatoes, basil, garlic, hemp seeds and cashews are all highly revered for their powerful antioxidant and cancer-fighting properties, so get cozy in your fuzzy socks and enjoy a bowl or two by the fireplace.
- 3 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon organic tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup cashew cream – 1/4 cup soaked cashews and 1/2 cup water blended until creamy
- 4-6 Tablespoons hemp seed (1 tablespoon hemp seeds per bowl)
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven: sauté onion, carrots and garlic until soft.
- Add in tomatoes, tomato paste and vegetable stock and simmer approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Add fresh chopped basil, sea salt, pepper and cashew cream.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until creamy.
- Top with hemp seeds and fresh basil.