Kale Chips are the perfect crunchy treat that’s low in calories, fat and sodium and has high levels of vitamins and minerals – and when starting with a superfood like kale, you pretty much can’t go wrong. We found an easy and delicious Ginger Coconut Kale Chips recipe from Curious Cavemanda, who focuses on seasonal, paleo-based recipes and came up with this crazy good salty-sweet combo.
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup coconut shavings, unsweetened
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- While that’s warming up, start prepping the kale
- Begin by dividing the leaves off from the stems, and tearing them into pieces (they will cook down a bit when you bake them, so don’t make them too small)
- Sprinkle on the oil, ginger, salt, and coconut shavings, then lightly toss until all the leaves are coated
- Place evenly onto a cookie tray and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Once the kale is crispy, and the coconut is slightly browned, remove from the oven and enjoy!
Popcorn will be jealous, as it should be.
Recipe and photos courtesy of: www.curiouscavemanda.com