Add a taste of fall to your day with a super food packed salad! Roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect way to not only add a punch of flavor to your salad but a whole lot of vitamins as well! Sweet potatoes are full of antioxidants and contain the disease preventing vitamins A, C, and E. They also help to keep a healthy heart, being rich in B6 vitamins, while their high fiber content makes them a great source of energy! In addition to sweet potatoes this fall salad contains 9 other super foods— making it the perfect way to keep full, healthy, and energized all day long!
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 large beets peeled and cubed
- 1 head of kale, ripped into tiny pieces
- 2 large handfuls of baby arugula
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ a bag of frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 Tbs pine nuts
- 2 Tbs pumpkin seeds
- olive oil
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add in 2 cups of quinoa with a dash of seal salt. Cook the quinoa covered for about 15 minutes until all of the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and keep covered.
- Coat the beets and sweet potatoes in a small amount of olive oil. Place the veggies onto a baking pan lined with foil and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the veggies are slightly browned. Flip your veggies over about halfway through.
- Finally, put all of your ingredients together in a large bowl and toss with fresh cracked pepper and your vinaigrette dressing of choice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: www.lindawagner.net/blog