We love October for SO many reasons, but one of them is P U M P K I N S! With Halloween right around the corner, get fired up with these delicious Pumpkin Bars sweetened only with honey from our favorite kitchen fiend, Team B4BC snowboarder Elena Hight! Here’s what she has to say about this month’s recipe:
One of my very favorite things about the Fall… PUMPKINS! I love pumpkin in everything…. I just can’t get enough of it! This season I have finally also discovered just how easy it is to cook with real pumpkin, which makes everything that much better because it is fresh! Sugar pumpkins are the cute little pumpkins that you can find and are the best to use in recipes. They are easy to work with and their flavor is sweet and delicious.
These bars are a yummy treat with very little to feel guilty about. Sweetened only with honey and completely grain free! Enjoy one (or two) and celebrate pumpkin season with me!
- ¾ cup sugar pumpkin puree
- 1 TBS honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 1TBS Earth Balance coconut spread
- 1TBS honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by preparing your pumpkins. To do this cut off the tops and slice in half
- Remove the seeds and place facing down on a baking sheet
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on size
- Use a spoon to scoop out pumpkin meat into a bowl
- In a blender or food processer combine pumpkin, eggs, honey and vanilla. Blend for 2 minutes.
- Add in remaining dry ingredients and blend for another minute.
- Pour batter into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes
- While baking combine coconut spread, honey and cinnamon in small sauce pan. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes while stirring.
- Once the bars are done pour drizzle overtop.
- Serve warm
So there you have it! You’ll be bringing the healthiest and most delicious dish to the Halloween party Enjoy!