Get your lazy day morning pancake fix from Team B4BC rider Elena Hight with a fiber-filled twist! The fiber in the oats helps lower cholesterol and may lower your risk of Type 2 diabetes, heart disease and obesity, and makes you feel full for longer. Quick oats also contain calcium and iron, but the amount varies due to fortification. So what are you waiting for? These are DELISH.
Every once in a while you just have to have a complete rest day. A day when you stay in your PJs most of the day, read a good book, and just enjoy the comforts of your own home. These pancakes are perfect for a day like this, they are quick to throw together and are as good for you as they taste.
- ¾ cup quick oats
- ½ banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice
- Place oats in food processor and process until crumbled
2. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth
3. Heat oiled pan on stove
4. Fry pancakes 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown
5. Remove and serve with your favorite fruit toppings and a drizzle of maple syrup