B4BC Team Rider and Tasty Tuesdays Guest Chef Elena Hight is back just in time for Thanksgiving with an amazing recipe for us using tart and tasty cranberries! Cranberries are a great source of vitamin C, fiber, and full of antioxidant power with flavonoids. And don’t forget to go ORGANIC!
A note from Elena:
Happy Holidays! With Thanksgiving being this week I wanted to share with you one of my favorite holiday dishes. I absolutely love homemade cranberry sauce. I believe that the holidays just wouldn’t be complete without a healthy helping of cranberry sauce, and perhaps seconds as well! If there is one thing on the Thanksgiving table that I am always thankful for it is the cranberry sauce.
I hope that this Thanksgiving gives you the chance to spend time with loved ones and reflect on everything you are thankful for. Enjoy!
Use all organic ingredients when possible.
- 2 bags fresh organic cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp orange zest
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil.
- Juice your oranges to get 1 cup of fresh juice. Add orange juice to water. Add cranberries, cinnamon, and orange zest and return to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the cranberries burst.
- Remove from heat and mash cranberries with fork or potato masher until the majority of the cranberries have been smashed.
- Cool and serve.