Smoothies are a staple in our diet and this is one of our favorites! This one is jam-packed with nutrients and yummy flavors, making it impossible to say no to. Fresh, seasonal berries are combined with ginger, chia, cinnamon, and a probiotic-rich liquid base to whip up this irresistibly delicious smoothie!
Literally everything in this smoothie gives us some sort of amazing health benefit! Ginger alone is known to help prevent nausea, used as an anti-inflammatory, a cold remedy, and aid in digestion. Cinnamon, another digestive aid, has been found to interfere with a protein that helps tumors establish a blood supply, which is critical to keep them growing. Bring in chia seeds and you add in high levels of antioxidants, fiber, and Omega-3 fatty acids (and they help thicken up the smoothie nicely). Subbing a normal juice for a probiotic liquid base, like in this recipe, you bring in an extremely beneficial bacteria. Probiotics are bacterias that help to maintain the health of the intestinal tract and aid in digestion. They also help keep potentially harmful organisms in the gut under control and are essential to the processes that release vitamins from your food. Their action increases blood levels of anti-cancer vitamins like B vitamins folic acid, niacin and B-12, and vitamin K.
We are AMAZED at how awesome this smoothie is! SUPER healthy, SUPER easy, and SUPER delicious! We totally know what we’re having for breakfast tomorrow!
- 1/2 cup lightly sweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup probiotic drink, kefir water, kombucha, etc.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened yogurt
- 1 cup fresh of frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- sweetener to taste, if necessary
- handful of ice, if not using frozen berries
- Gather ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients in blender until creamy and smooth.
- Add sweetener to taste, if necessary. Serve immediately.