Today, we want to add a little Taco Tuesday to our Tasty Tuesday. Get your taco fix in a fresh and easy way that wont break the bank. Add lime and sunny Mexican beach to taste.
Lean fish like Halibut is a great way to get in some protein while still being healthy. We recommend making your own avocado salsa with organic avocados and tomatoes to help keep it fresh!
- 16 good corn tortillas
- Canola oil spray
- 1½ – 2 lbs. Halibut with Dry Rub (*see Cook’s note)
- Dave’s Avocado Salsa (*see Cook’s note)
- Fresh Cucumber Salsa (*see Cook’s note)
- Tomatillo Salsa (*see Cook’s note)
- 4-6 oz. crumbled Cotija cheese
- Spray canola oil on a small sauté pan or griddle that’s heated to 350ºF. Heat tortillas on surface, one at a time; flipping every 20 seconds (20 seconds per side). Remove tortillas and pat dry. Keep warm until ready to assemble tacos.
- To assemble tacos, fill each tortilla with 2 ounces Halibut and any combination of salsas and cotija cheese.
- Serving suggestions include: Avocado Salsa, Tomatillo Salsa, and Fresh Cucumber Salsa.
– find Halibut Dry Rub in the Sauces/Rub section
– find Grilled Halibut Steak cooking recipe in the entrée section
– find the Salsas in the Appetizer/Snack section
Yields: 16 tacos
Recipe courtesy of: www.soudersstudios.com