Nothing beats a sweet treat after an active day outdoors. What’s even better is when that treat is made with ingredients that are good for your body and for the environment. Our B4BC team riders Kimmy Fasani and Elena Hight can vouch for that with their vegan, all natural, all organic signature cookies from our favorite Mammoth Lakes bakery, Mimi’s Cookie Bar.
Kimmy’s Vegan Peanut Butter Have Another is a delicious peanut butter cookie with dark chocolate chips and bananas.
Try Elena’s tempting Hyper Hight, a vegan chai chocolate cookie topped with coffee frosting.
Made in a 100% eco-friendly fashion with organic and fair trade ingredients, these cookies will make you feel a little less guilty about snacking on one (or two).
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds or 2 tsp. egg replacer powder or 2 tsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup regular or quick oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the chia seeds (or egg replacer or flaxseed) with the water and set aside until thickened (no waiting is necessary if packaged egg replacer is used.)
- Mix the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Add the raisins.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla, mashed banana, and lemon juice to the chia/flax/egg replacer mixture and combine well. Pour into the dry mixture and stir well but don’t overmix.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Flatten each cookie slightly with a fork. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until bottoms and sides are lightly brown. Cool for a few minutes on a wire rack before serving.
You can find Mimi’s Cookies online here, or at their bakery in Mammoth Lakes, CA.