You’re invited to take part in the 9th Annual Skate the Coast [L.A.], an 18-mile longboarding marathon that promotes an active lifestyle while raising awareness and funds for Boarding for Breast Cancer’s education and prevention programs. Come out and longboard, bike, or skate for B4BC on October 3rd!
The series attracts skaters young and old and of all abilities to push for the cause!
Please help us reach our goal of raising $25,000 for the B4BC’s outreach and prevention programs.
SATURDAY, October 3rd: SKATE THE COAST!
8 am (SHARP!) – Park and meet at Veterans Park (309 Esplanade, Redondo Beach, CA 90277) in Redondo Beach, and get shuttled to the start at the north side of the Santa Monica Pier. Skate, Bike or Rollerskate 18-miles along the boardwalk from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach.
(3) Hydration Stations along the way
Finish line, celebration and awards ceremony at:
Dive N Surf
504 N Broadway
Redondo Beach, CA
Post skate celebration and fundraiser hosted by Dive N Surf with food from Wahoo’s Fish Taco (free food for participants, music, raffles, prizes for fundraisers, and more!)
***MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE (BY CREATING A FUNDRAISING PAGE) TO PARTICIPATE***
Please note: All participants are required to sign waivers. If you are under 18, you must have signatures from a parent or legal guardian and wear a helmet. Helmets are MANDATORY for everyone, NO EXCEPTIONS! A participant who fails to adhere to this helmet advisory does so at his or her risk. If you are under 18 you will NOT be allowed to participate without a helmet—NO EXCEPTIONS.
SKATE, BIKE, RIDE for those you love!
Have the time of your life and join the growing community of riders committed to the cause! Some of those who will be Skating the Coast [L.A.] will be dedicating their ride to a friend or loved one. Others just love to shred the love. Whatever your reason, it’s guaranteed that your first time won’t be your last. It’s that awesome.
To participate, ALL RIDERS must FUNDRAISE a minimum of $50* (and fill out a waiver)!
Just by asking 3 friends/family members to pledge $1/mile you are already past this goal. Or – you can pay the amount yourself but it’s more fun to share your journey with others!! You’ll be surprised by how willing people are to help you shred the love.
All participants will receive:
- Sponsor goodie bag and (2) raffle tickets (must be present to win)
- Commemorative Skate the Coast t-shirt
- Once you reach the $50 goal, we will provide you with a waiver to fill out and bring to the event.
*If you participated in Skate the Lake, your registration fee for Skate the Coast will be reduced to $25. Please contact Liza@b4bc.org for details.
For those of you traveling from out of town:
The Quality Inn in Hermosa Beach is offering a sweet discount for Skate the Lake participants! When booking a room, mention you are staying with Skate the Coast Hermosa Beach and you will recieve 20% the best rate each night!
Quality Inn & Suites
901 Aviation Blvd.
Hermosa Beach, CA. 90254
HOW TO FUNDRAISE (For Rad Prizes!)
Raising funds is fun and easy. But in case you need a little nudge, here are some levels of progression worth aiming for:
- ALL SKATERS // MUST raise $50 to participate through online and/or in person fundraising—receive Skate the Coast t-shirt and (2) raffle tickets
- TIER 1 // Raise $100—receive Skate the Coast t-shirt + (10) raffle tickets
- TIER 2 // Raise $200– receive Skate the Coast t-shirt + (15) raffle tickets + prize pack from local/national sponsors ($50 value)
- TIER 3 // Raise $300– receive Skate the Coast t-shirt + commemorative poster + hat, PLUS (20) raffle tickets + prize pack from local/national sponsors ($150 value) and become honorary member of B4BC Brigade – making you eligible for member benefits, free or discounted entry to future skates and prizes throughout 2015!
- TOP 3 FUNDRAISERS will be awarded an event sponsor prize pack on the SKATE DAY that could include GoPro cameras*, Fugoo wireless speakers, skateboards and more!! Past prizes have included product/gear from Sector 9, Loaded Boards, Tahoe Longboards, 187 Killer Pads, VonZipper, Nixon, Skullcandy, Arbor, and more…
*MUST fundraise at least $500 to be eligible for GoPro camera prize for top 3 fundraisers