Finally, spring is here, a season that let’s you hit the beach for a surf sesh one day and do some t-shirt skiing the next! Give a fresh start to this sunny season with a life detox, and do some Spring cleaning, inside and out.
1. It’s time for those heavy winter foods to give way to a fresh crop of fruits and vegetables. Enjoy healthy, bright salads and smoothies, and check out our Tasty Tuesdays every week for some new ideas! Here is a list of 10 Spring Superfoods that are full of breast cancer risk reducing yumminess. Some of our favorites are avocados, artichokes, and blueberries.
2. Water water water! Drink lots of it all day long, especially if you’re going to be taking advantage of the warmer weather with outdoor activities. It hydrates your insides, and makes your skin glow!
3. Speaking of activities, go outside! Swim, hike, bike, skate, whatever! Being active makes you feel good, look good, and stay healthy.
4. Clean up your cleaning routine. Go through your household cleaning products and get rid of the ones with harmful chemicals and carcinogens. They’re bad for you and the environment. Check out The Daily Green for some green cleaning how-to’s using products that you already have around the house.
5. Declutter. That goes for your closet, your desk, your inbox, your makeup bag, and your head! Get organized, and throw away or donate all of the excess knick-knacks that you haven’t used in ages. When you have a clean space, then you can clear your head. Check in with yourself. What are the sources of your stresses and anxieties? Try to rid yourself of mental baggage, and make it a habit to meditate frequently. Here are some tips to get you started.
Following these tips will have you feeling like a ray of sunshine!