ATTENTION BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS + LOVED ONES: Boarding For Breast Cancer is pleased to host our 6th holistic outdoor retreat with our wellness ambassador, and former pro-snowboarder, Megan Pischke. The Chasing Sunshine Ocean Retreat, tailored specifically towards breast cancer patients and survivors, is led by Megan and her team of facilitators with expertise in massage therapy, yoga, nutritional medicine, life skills coaching, acupuncture, and more. It is a beautifully crafted weekend in Encinitas, CA, September 29-October 1, 2016. B4BC is able to grant 8-10 breast cancer survivor scholarships to attend this wellness weekend.
Please Note that although the grant does not include the cost of travel to and from Encinitas, CA, it will cover the following AMAZING activities:
- ‘Tea Greeting’ Welcome Reception, Thursday (evening) September 29th
- A (2) Night Stay in a beautiful ocean retreat condo; shared occupancy
- 6 gourmet whole foods, plant based organic meals, starting with a light meal on arrival night, Thursday, September 29th
- Meals, insights, and advice from Holistic Health Coach, Moniqua Plante, and the Flavor Chef Lance Roll of The Bone Brothery
- Daily Surf Instruction, (2) days of instruction; includes surfboard + wet suit
- Yoga & Meditation Sessions, 3 – classes, morning & evening (restorative)
- Intro to Chinese Medicine + acupuncture session with Kendra Starr, DTCM.
- Kundalini yoga, breath work, and discussions on sensuality from somatic body worker and certified yoga instructor, Kimberly Johnson
- Eco-inspired ideas and experiences
HEALTH MEMO: Before applying, please consult your personal physician in order to gain medical approval & advice to participate in this Ocean Retreat weekend.
Click HERE to head to the application!
The B4BC Chasing Sunshine Ocean Retreat is made possible by the continued support of our friends and supporters at The North Face.