Photo courtesy of @KauaiJuiceCo
This week we’re bringing you an incredibly refreshing smoothie for these hot summer days! The Pineapple Refresher smoothie is packed with nutrients and delicious ingredients and is one of the many recipes in our Quick and Clean Salads & Smoothies Recipe Book. The book is packed with super simple recipes that are full of antioxidant-rich, cancer-fighting ingredients! Check out one of our personal favorites below:
PINEAPPLE REFRESHER SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- ½ banana
- ½ cup coconut water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3-4 sprigs mint
- 3-4 sprigs basil
- 2 tsp. agave
- One night before, chop pineapple and banana and freeze.
- Add all the ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
Note: If you don’t freeze the fruit in advance, just add ice cubes to fresh fruit in the blender for similar consistency.
Three key ingredients make this smoothie the nutrient-packed powerhouse that it is!
- COCONUT WATER is rich in potassium, low in calories, and is known for its natural ability to replace electrolytes. A thirst-quenching substitute to almond milk or a sugar-filled juice.
- PINEAPPLE contains the enzyme bromelain, known as a natural digestive aid and beneficial for reducing swelling, pain, and bruising after injury. Pineapple is also super rich in vitamin C, a water-soluble antioxidant, that helps our bodies defend against free radicals that attack and damage normal cells.
- BANANAS are high in potassium, antioxidants, and pectin, which provides protection from free radicals and chronic disease, aids in digestion and gently chelates toxins and heavy metals from the body. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
This is just one of the recipes from our Quick and Clean Salads & Smoothies recipe book collab with Goofy Foot Foods! A $5 donation gives you access to download this recipe book that is filled to the brim with AMAZING recipes like this one!
Sources: Live Love Fruit