Today’s #tastytuesday is brought to you by my friend Leah Langlois who co-owns and runs a small little health market in Pemberton BC, @staywildnaturalhealth. Although barely north of the border, she partakes in both Canadian and US Thanksgivings by showing up to parties with her famous Roasted Pumpkin Dairy Free Cheesecake. #linkinbio
Pumpkin is a high amount of vitamin C, has loads of fiber and potassium, which can help with hydration, relaxing , better sleep and muscle cramps. Dairy free can be a nice alternative to a dairy cheesecake as you can get many vitamins and minerals from nuts, and well, lets be real here, cheesecake is good for everybody.
- 2 cups organic nuts (almonds can be the least expensive, but also can use pistasio, pecans, or walnuts)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pitted dates (if not soft and fresh soak in filtered water for 15 mins)
- ½ cup of maple syrup (can substitute agave or honey)
- ¼ shredded coconut
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (if not available: cinnamon, nutmeg ,pinch of cloves)
IN FOOD PROCESSOR (works best) OR VITAMIX:
- pulse nuts until slightly chunky
- add the rest of the ingredients (except maple syrup) , pulse until small chunks
- drizzle in maple syrup, mix until blended
- press into spring form cheese cake pan, or pie plate
- 2 cups cashews soaked in filtered water for 6-8 hours
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1 vanilla bean scrape out middle or 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- ¾ cup filtered water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (roasted sugar pumpkin or canned organic)
- 2 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 2 TBSP (or to tatse) maple syrup (or agave or honey)
Drain and rinse nuts that have been soaking. Place all ingredients in food processor or vita mix. Blend until smooth, very smooth and creamy.
Pour into pie crust.
- I can of coconut milk (or cream- fav brand is Native Forest) and freeze it
- Freeze your bowl and egg beater/beaters
- Open your can upside down, pour out liquid part
- Beat until peaks, add vanilla and sweetener of choice to tatse (coconut or cane sugar- up to 2 tsps)
- Serve immediately or store in freezer
Feel free to also add on top: sprinkle of coconuts , cacao nibs, chopped hazelnuts
Enjoy with people you LOVE
** For an interesting and delicious medicinal mushroom addition: mix in 3-4 TB of our favorite Four Sigmatics’ Lions Mane, Cordyceps or Reishi mushroom powders.
Lions Mane: Powerful antioxidant, brain/memory booster, reduces inflammation, and aids in digestive health
Cordyceps: Improve liver function and aid in detoxification. Increase immune function
Reishi: stress reducer by lowering cortisol, and a natural hormone balancer