• “Neither the cosmic-kids-stuff psych-rock that’s everywhere these days nor the overly tried-and-true blues-rock that’s never gone away, EFG
puts the power in power trio.” — Kevin Bronson
Bringing to the B4BC Festival an adrenaline pumped thrill ride, these bona fide rockers — Imaad Wasif (lowercase, alaska!, The Folk Implosion and Yeah Yeah Yeahs), Josh Garza (Secret Machines) and Tom Biller (musician and producer Liars, Warpaint, Kate Nash) — are all about high skill, guitar-led music, full of snarling riffs, mindful lyrics, and dreamy psychedelia. In the time they’ve been a band they’ve released two epic conceptual rock EP’s, including a blistering cover of Scott Walker’s “The Electrician,” of which Walker himself said, “Amazing. Both song and video
"At the heart of EFG’s new single ‘Outlier b/w Suzanne
’ is a primitivism and warmth that makes it the most evolved of all their music to date. “If a song can come from visions and dreams”, says Wasif, “then Suzanne is the white-mare, the meta specter of conscious and subconscious love and hate, tinted through a Leonard Cohen afterworld with Garza & Biller’s rhythms as its thundering hoof-beat.”
• Other Band Performances by Panic Is Perfect
, a Bay-area based band known for live shows that captivate audiences with instrumental sagas, high-energy percussion, and soulful grooves that make it nearly impossible to stand still; and The Family Crest
, a San Francisco-based 7-piece group that makes music on an epic scale, with a multitude of instruments, amazing vocals, and voted NPR’s favorite last year
• Big Air Expression Session with
: Olympic Gold Medalist, B4BC athlete ambassador and Sierra-at-Tahoe rider. Riders to demonstrate include Jamie Anderson, Kjersti Buass, Tyler Nicholson, and more!
• Host Sal Masekela
: Sal, a beloved commentator, journalist, musician and producer best known for his work presenting NBC’s Red Bull Signature Series and now, VICE WORLD OF SPORTS premiering on the new Viceland channel, returns for the B4BC 20th Anniversary once again as the official Host of the Festival!
• Photo + Art Exhibition and silent auction curated by Trevor Graves and NEMO Design featuring industry artists such as Caia Koopman, Jamie Lynn, Vanessa Stark, Tina Basich, and the world’s most iconic photographers including Trevor Graves, Jeff Curtes, Dawn Kish, Mark Gallup, as they trace the journey of B4BC and snowboarding
• 108 Sun SalutationsYoga Event:
Starting the Festival will be a yoga portion inspired by Shiva Raes “Global Mala Project” and B4BC’s Yoga Heals program to bring as many people together as possible for a powerful group session, led by Olympic Gold Medalist Jamie Anderson, Pro Snowboarder and B4BC Wellness Ambassador Megan Pischke, and local yoga instructors and icons Shaelah Morris and Sherry McConkey. Join or sponsor a salutation at Classy.org/b4bcsunsalutations
• Festival Village featuring B4BC supporters, cause-marketing partners, and supporters over the past 20 years with live art snowboard painting, interactive sponsor booths, raffles, silent auctions, gear, accessories, and apparel
• Exclusive B4BC “Shred the Love” merchandise debuting at the Snowboard + Music Festival courtesy of Volcom
• Pro rider autograph sessions
• Epic snowboard and skiing at Sierra-at-Tahoe on more than 400 inches of snowpack
• B4BC’s outreach booth teaching hands-on education
Limited-Edition Art Poster, by NEMO Design
9-11AM 108 Sun Salutations
10AM Festival Village Opens
10AM Photo + Art Exhibition Opens
11:15AM-1PM Big Air Expression Session
12:15PM DJ Lady Sha
– Spinning throughout the day
Host Sal Masekela
throughout the day
1:30-2:30PM Panic Is Perfect
3:00-4:15PM The Family Crest
4:45-PM 6:00 EFG
5:45-6:30PM Photo + Art Exhibition Final Sales
To purchase tickets for snowboarding or skiing and to attend the Festival, visit bit.ly/b4bcsierra
and $10 from each ticket purchased from Sierra-at-Tahoe will go towards B4BC on April 2. Just attending the B4BC Snowboard + Music Festival? Donation requests start at $20 HERE
Parking: B4BC will have its own VIP Parking lot where festival-goers are encouraged to donate to park. The lot will provide easy access to the venue.
B4BC 20th Anniversary Snowboard + Music Festival would like to thank the following supporters for helping to make the 20th Anniversary Festival come true: Sierra-at-Tahoe,The North Face,Volcom,Nixon,Vans,Gnu,NEMO Design,Mahfia TV—B4BC official media partner,VonZipper, Active,Yes., BeCore, Asymbol, Monitor Premiums,Eekoe, Proof,Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel,Yoga Studio Tahoe,Panic Is Perfect,The Family Crest.
UPDATE: Join us Friday night (April 1, 2016) from 7-10:30pm for a Kick-Off Party at the Echo Restaurant at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel
with our VIP musicians, athletes, giveaways and so much more. Open to all!